Bitone Meets the President

Bitone graced the states house in Entebbe on Saturday May 30th, performing for Uganda's own, president Museveni, and Burundian president Pierre Nkunziza. Nkunziza was visiting the pearl for 3 days, and Bitone helped send him off in style.

The performance was short and sweet (maybe 3 minutes) but Museveni spent a considerable amount of time talking with the kids afterwords, asking them each their name, age, and place of birth.

Some of the Bitone youth reflect on the experience in their own words:

I am Afrochian Joanita. On Saturday May 30th 2009 I was the happiest person in the all world becuase it was my first time to go to the state house and what I saw I had never seen it. First of all I shaked presidetns' hands. That made me happy because many people want that but they cannot get it. I thank God for that. It was good and interesting and I never knew we had a beautiful place like that in Uganda. So president I pray to God that he gives you more life forever and ever. For God and my country.

.................................................................................................................

My name is Nansumba Sylvia. On Saturday May 30th 2009 it was an intersting day in my life, reason being, it was my first day to take to handshake with the president of Uganda and go to the state house. I thank God for that. Rich people are there in Uganda but of all God has choosen me, and they had never gone there. It was my first time. Prasie is to be for Mighty Lord and I know that He will take me in other good places like that. Praise Lord.
...................................................................................................................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Branco in U.S.

Angel - Now a Presenter On WBS (Teen's Club Show)